Destiny 2 beta error code: Termite hits PS4 launch, Bungie asks for more logins
The Destiny 2 beta is playable for those with a PS4 Pre Order code, with more players from the Xbox One arriving tomorrow.
The new playable version of Destiny 2 is in testing phase, meaning that there could be a lot of bugs hitting players when trying to play.
The first big issue appears to be a Destiny 2 Termite error message, which is apparently linked to those trying to log into the beta.
“The Destiny 2 Beta has begun on PS4 and we are actively monitoring reports as player population rises,” a message from the Bungie support team explains.
“We are monitoring reports of Termite error codes as the population of the Destiny 2 Beta rises. Please continue your attempts to login.”
The new message appearing when players are trying to login, reads: “Failed to download configuration files from Bungie servers, please try again.”
Here’s the solution given by Bungie on how to fix the issue:
“If this is the first time you’ve received this error, please try that activity again and resume what you were doing before the error occurred. If you encounter the issue a second time, please exit Destiny and relaunch the game.
“If you are seeing this error message after exhausting all troubleshooting resources please delete, then re-install Destiny on your console.
“If you re-install and still have this issue, please start a new topic on the #Help forum and let us know which error code you received, what platform you are playing on, and what you were doing when it occurred.”
Players will be hoping to avoid re-installing the beta, as it’s a chunky 15GBs.
There will also be the added problem of more players trying to download the game, meaning a longer wait to start playing again.
How to retrieve the Destiny 2 Beta Client Download Code:
- Sign-in to Bungie.net – Create or sign into a Bungie.net account using PlayStation 4 or Xbox Live credentials
- Redeem the Early Access Pre-order Code – Enter the Destiny 2 Early Access Beta Code provided by the retailer on Bungie.net/redeem
- Retrieve the Destiny 2 Beta Download Code – visit your redeemed codes page on Bungie.net and select your console of choice
- Redeem the Destiny 2 Beta Client Download Code – Log into a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One console to redeem the Destiny 2 Beta Client code
As you can imagine, the Destiny 2 beta is going to have plenty more bugs, here’s some to watch out for:
- Players may experience a variety of networking error codes when attempting to play the Beta
- Bungie will be testing server stability throughout the Beta, which may cause error codes to appear periodically
- Location names sometimes do not appear during Crucible gameplay
- Players sometimes are Kicked to Orbit after witnessing a black screen when entering a Countdown match
- Players may sometimes be placed at the beginning of the Inverted Spire Strike Activity when joining in progress
- Sandbox balancing is still taking place: Some weapons or abilities may have higher or lower damage than intended
- Not all content has been localized in all languages
DeRon Beasley is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of FreshAsFrankie.com. After starting out as a musician-producer he went on to study the music business and work in Urban Promotions, followed by artist management. Mr. Beasley entrepreneurial spirit has led him to launch numerous businesses in music and fashion marketing. He’s a huge fan of the ’80s and ’90s Hip Hop and R&B, and he’s a firm believer that Hip Hop Music will never die.